Elevate the way you operate with good CSR
CSR is no longer a buzzword of the past, it’s now part of the office furniture.
CSR policies are a necessary element of business, rather than the outdated reason for commendation that they used to be.
To be a step above the rest, your values must lie at the heart of all you do and why you do it.
The CSR policies you adopt make up your cultural framework, making your company a place people want to be.
CSR is increasingly valuable to your employees, especially as their needs begin to evolve.
The knock-on effect of acknowledging this evolution ensures staff retention and job satisfaction will occur.
At Tercus HR, we can help you develop and incorporate policies to solve all your CSR concerns.
We all want to protect mother earth. Running a business that depletes a lot of natural resources takes its toll on the planet. Policies and regimes that nurture the environment compensate for the damage your business may have unintentionally caused.
Environmental CSR in action include:
- Recycling, such as making sure you have paper and bottle bins and reusing materials where you can
- Waste reduction. For example, reducing the use of single-use plastics, decreasing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing reliance on sustainable resources
- Counteracting environmental impact, such as planting trees and implementing volunteering programmes
Philanthropy refers to what a business does to actively make the world and society a better place. It goes beyond the basics of serving the needs and expectations of shareholders and customers, it means taking a step back to see what we can do for broader society.
We understand that being a small business can feel restrictive on what you can implement to be considerate, and stay profitable, but we believe every company has untapped potential.
Here are some examples of philanthropic endeavours to get you thinking:
- Donating to charities or creating fundraisers
- Collaborate with other sustainable businesses
- Providing time off for staff volunteer days
- Employee wellbeing policies
Ethical labour practices concern the fair treatment of all stakeholders, from staff to suppliers. Ethical actions can stretch from deeply serious issues such as anti-slavery policies, to typically unexpected staff benefits.
Going beyond what the law requires is an incredible way to establish good CSR.
A short list of examples include:
- Paying above the national minimum wage
- Avoiding suppliers from countries where labour laws are unsatisfactory
- Health and safety policies to protect employees
There’s no doubt that having CSR operations in place contributes to a positive workplace culture. Also the ripple effect on wider society is so significant that the benefits are almost unmeasurable.
Incorporating impressive initiatives paves the way for the future of business and naturally makes you a cut above the rest.
A few benefits include the following:
– Improve brand positioning, driving growth
– Attracting and retaining talent
– Mitigating risk and minimising the chance of miscalculated actions backfiring on the business such as fines, lawsuits, bad press, and litigation
– Being a force for good and seeing your actions make a difference to the world around you
– Attracting investors
– Higher sales, perceived value and consumer satisfaction
Using the planet’s resources is almost unavoidable.
However, through continuous innovation, we can seek out kinder ways to operate to remedy the damage that was done before us.
We take great pride in helping our clients develop or improve their CSR policies.
We understand that each client is different, so we work alongside you to develop tailored solutions that align with your company’s values and objectives.
We’ve had countless requests across various topics, leading us to create a document showcasing the CSR policies we can implement into your business.
From Anti-Slavery to Recruitment policies, we’ve got you covered.
How We Can Help
At Tercus HR, we are experts at stripping the grey areas right back, getting straight to the point, and moving forwards. We take our time to understand you and what your company needs.
We create bespoke strategies tailored specifically to your company’s DNA, taking you from where you are to where you want to be. We ensure that your infrastructure is strong, and policies are plain sailing, so you can get back to growing your business. Your assigned primary contact is always just a phone call away to resolve your worries.
Get in touch with us below.